You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery. Sign up now to GP online services and you will be able to use a website or app.
Online services offered
- Book or cancel an appointment
- Request Repeat prescription
- Message the practice
- View aspects of your medical record
- Set consent preferences
Our online services are quick, easy and convenient to use from a smartphone, tablet or computer, all via the internet from home, work or on the move, and in your own time, day or night.
They will save you time and help you take more control of your health, particularly if you have any long-term medical conditions which require regular monitoring and prescriptions.
Download the app for your smartphones and tablets
You can find out more about Emis Access and how to register for this service by calling into the surgery with two forms of identification (one item from each of the following lists):
- Personal ID: Current passport, photocard driving licence, birth certificate etc.
- Address ID: Utility bill, bank statement or council tax etc (with your name, address and dated within the last 6 months).
You will then be given your confidential login information.
All information that is sent to the Surgery via EMIS Access is secure. Your personal details are encrypted and protected using the highest standard internet security, so it cannot be intercepted. Only you and the surgery are able to see this information.
Patient Access Video Tutorials
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.